Website Privacy and Website Operating Policy
1. Buller Electricity will not use any information provided by visitors to this site for the specific purpose of communicating with them.
2. No information provided by visitors will be passed on to third parties, with the exceptions of point 3 below.
3. Buller Electricity may be required by law to disclose site visitor information. We will only make this disclosure if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so.
Buller Electricity Limited operate this website in good faith and with the intention of keeping consumers informed about latest developments, products and services associated with Buller Electricity. Information contained in this site may not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Buller Electricity Limited directors or its staff.
We may collect personal information from you
To provide our services, we may need to collect personal information about you. This can include but is not limited to:
Information obtained from mail, website, email, telephone, Facebook and other sources that is required to facilitate the provision of Buller Electricity goods and services to you and any associated billing activity; administration of your account, dealing with queries, network and supply faults and maintenance, contract management, credit and debt management, complaints, scholarship and sponsorship programmes, accident investigation involving our equipment (eg your car hitting one of our power poles) and Buller Electric Power Trust Elections.
Smart Meter Data
Information about electricity usage and quality to optimize network reliability and fault resolution and where appropriate for billing purposes; research and analysis of trends and demographics to optimize network management and improve services.
Recording of security footage at our site to monitor site safety and to detect and deter criminal behaviour and acts. To monitor the safety and security of staff and the public at our sites and to complement criminal and safety incident investigations.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
Incidental and unsolicited information collected in the background when using UAVs for network asset monitoring and fault diagnosis.
Other information relating to your use of our services
We may store the above information for possible future communications relevant to the purpose of collection.
We may also assign you or the address where you require our service a unique identifier, such as a retailer customer or installation control point (ICP) number.
You can contact us on 03 788 8171 or email us at email@example.com to:
• Obtain information about how we manage the personal information that we hold
• Obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and this Privacy Statement
• Make a complaint if you believe we have breached your privacy
• Ask for the information we hold to be corrected, or removed from our database (if practical)
For further privacy information, please refer to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner’s website – www.privacy.org.nz
Information in this website is intended as a guide only and should not